Why you need an independent complaints reporting service
In today’s business and regulatory environment, the effective management of risk and the maintenance of an ethical, respectful and positive workplace culture is fundamental to your organisation’s value proposition. Whistleblowing systems should be an essential part of your workplace misconduct risk management and compliance strategy.
The challenge for employers often lies in providing a safe, and secure channel where staff and other stakeholders feel comfortable and confident in reporting their concerns about inappropriate behaviour they experience or have witnessed at work. It is important to remember that not all staff will feel able to report their complaint directly to their manager or HR – and some staff may only be willing to make their concerns heard anonymously. Our experience is that the earlier a concern is identified and dealt with, the better the outcome for all concerned.
Providing an independent, secure reporting channel to report complaints about inappropriate behaviour at your organisation:
- demonstrates transparency and its commitment to best practice in employee engagement and occupational health and safety
- ensures you are made aware of, and can address, workplace complaints in a timely manner
- ensures you are made aware of, and can address, complaints that that may otherwise not be reported
- reduces the risk of complaints being made through other independent channels (like the media)
- reduces the administrative burden on your HR team by outsourcing the collection and handling of complaints
- minimise the impact and costs of workplace misconduct.
Become an Integrity Line subscriber for free
Becoming an Integrity Line subscriber organisation is free. If no one uses the Integrity Line to register concerns about your organisation, there will be no cost to you.
- For complaints that take less than 15 minutes for us to manage, there will be no charge. This avoids any cost for complaints that are mischievous or clearly not lodged in good faith.
- Complaints of substance will be handled at Worklogic’s standard hourly rates.
Your free subscription to the Integrity Line includes:
- Easy, 24 x 7 online access to an independent, secure and anonymous reporting service
- Handling of reports by workplace consultants with extensive training in complaints-handling, privacy and confidentiality, data security, ethics and whistleblower protection
- Reliable capture and recording of identified risks
- Regular evaluation and reporting of complaint statistics
- A meeting with a Worklogic consultant and your HR director, risk manager or other senior managers about how your organisation can make the best use of Integrity Line
- A Welcome Pack including magnets with the telephone number and website
- Laminated posters for notice boards in tearooms, HR and common areas
- Wording for an email introducing all staff to Integrity Line
- Liaison with your IT staff or web manager about including links to Integrity Line on your intranet
- A quarterly report, specific to your company, which analyses any activity on Integrity Line related to your organisation, trends, the number and type of concerns, and how they were handled.
Create a customised service
We can also create a customised workplace complaints reporting service to meet the specific needs of your organisation. Customisations can include:
- rebranding of the Integrity line site
- integration with your existing policies and processes
- inclusion of relevant information about your company and contacts
- extended opening hours for our telephone complaints receipt service (by agreement)
- customisation of the online reporting form.