Who owns and operates the Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line?

The Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line is owned and operated by Worklogic on behalf of the University of Melbourne. Worklogic Pty Ltd is an independent Melbourne-based company, which supports employers to build positive workplace cultures.

About the Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line

What does this service do?

The Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line provides a secure 24/7 channel for the confidential reporting of alleged inappropriate behaviour by a University of Melbourne employee.

This service is for reporting:

  • unlawful discrimination;
  • sexual harassment; harassment; sexual assault;
  • bullying;
  • stalking;
  • victimisation; or vilification by an employee, which are all behaviour’s contrary to the University’s Appropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy.

If you are an employee or student of the university, you can make a report about inappropriate behaviour by an employee of the kind listed above that you have experienced or witnessed using our telephone reporting line 1800 MULine (1800 685 463) within Australia – during business hours [9am to 5.30pm AEST] or using the online reporting form (24/7).

Your report will then be forwarded to the University, who will decide on next steps.

What other assistance or support is available to me?

If you require additional assistance or support, there is a range of information and support services that are available, as follows:

If you believe you are in immediate danger, please contact the Police on 000.

Emergency and Critical Incident Management:


Parkville Campus
Call university security: (03) 8344 6666 or Freecall 1800 246 066
The nearest police station is located at:
36 Wreckyn St
North Melbourne
(03) 8379 0800

Other locations
Emergency numbers for other locations:

Burnley: (03) 8344 6666


  • Business hours: (03) 5321 4333
  • After hours: 0425 700 042

Dookie: (03) 5833 9200

VCA & MCM Southbank:
(03) 9035 9311

(03) 9731 2000

Campus security (Parkville) (03) 8344 6666
CASA (Centre Against Sexual Assault): 1800 806 292
Direct line (24 hour drug and alcohol telephone counselling): 1800 888 236
Gambler’s Help (Problem Gambling): 1800 858 858
Lifeline (24 Hour telephone counselling): 131 114
Suicide Helpline (24 Hour telephone counselling): 1300 651 251
The Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service: 1800 015 188 or 9322 3555

An employee who has experienced an incident of alleged inappropriate behaviour and who seeks to have the matter addressed informally may seek assistance from either their line manager or a member of their Human Resources team:

Davidson Trahaire Corpsych is the University’s EAP provider. The EAP can be accessed by telephone, video, online, via the GreatLife app (available on Google Play and iTunes), or face-to-face. https://staff.unimelb.edu.au/health-safety-wellbeing/health-wellbeing/employee-assistance-program

Appointments: To make an appointment, phone 1300 360 364, or use the online service. Consultations are strictly confidential and there is no charge for the service to employees of the University and their family.

GreatLife App: The DTC GreatLife App offers holistic assistance and health support at an employee’s fingertips.

This Service offers free, confidential counselling to currently enrolled students and employees of the University. Appointments can be made by visiting the reception desk or calling the number below.

Website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/counsel
Tel: (03) 8344 6927
Address: Level 2, 138 Cardigan St, Carlton 3054
Counselling at VCA/MCM: http://maps.unimelb.edu.au/southbank/building/863/counselling

The University’s Chaplaincy take a community-minded holistic approach to the delivery of services. While the services are primarily for employees and students of the University, the Chaplaincy will provide support to families also.

Tel: (03) 9035 8982 or (03) 8344 4825
Address: Level 1, Cardigan St, Carlton 3053

The University has security officers who patrol the Parkville campus 24 hours a day. Campus security officers are available to escort University employees and students concerned about their safety to their car, closest public transport / taxi pickup point, college or other locations near campus. Bookings are recommended . Contact: (03) 8344 6666 or 1800 246 066.

The Safer Community Program aims to promote an environment that fosters safe learning, working and living at the University of Melbourne, and provides the opportunity to pass on behaviour of concern before it develops into something serious.

Website: http://safercommunity.unimelb.edu.au
Tel:(03) 9035 8675
Email: safer-community@unimelb.edu.au
The Safer Community Program is located in Stop 1 (Parkville), 757 Swanston St.
To book an appointment: Book a Stop 1 adviser
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unimelb/videos/10159313230305195/
UniSafe is the official app of the Safer Community Program. The app provides quick access to the SCP, and information, resources and tools to enhance safety.

Learn more about how to make a report, information you need to provide, and how we handle reports.

What doesn’t this reporting service do?

The Inappropriate Workplace Behaviour Line is not:

  • A counselling or emotional support service
  • An advice or report handling service (once your report is made we provide it to the University)
  • A service providing representation for you or any other individual involved
  • For reporting behaviour other than “inappropriate behaviour” by “employees”, as defined above.

Please see alternative avenues for reporting other concerns, below.

Please contact University Security on (03) 8344 6666 (Parkville campus) or the Police on 000.

Emergency numbers for other locations:
Burnley: (03) 8344 6666


  • Business hours: (03) 5321 4333
  • After hours: 0425 700 042

Dookie: (03) 5833 9200

VCA & MCM Southbank:
(03) 9035 9311

(03) 9731 2000

If you are a student, please contact the Safer Community Program. This Program provides: a safe place to talk about your concerns; personal and tailored safety advice and strategies to manage concerns, and support

Website: http://safercommunity.unimelb.edu.au/
Tel: (03) 9035 8675
Email: safer-community@unimelb.edu.au
The Safer Community Program is located in Stop 1 (Parkville), 757 Swanston St.
To book an appointment: Book a Stop 1 adviser
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unimelb/videos/10159313230305195/

If you have concerns about the behaviour of a student, please refer to the following policies as applicable:

Contact the college directly.

Contact the club or union directly.

The following employee policy covers matters involving dishonesty (including plagiarism and improper grading), deception and improper use of position or information: https://staff.unimelb.edu.au/legal-audit-records-policies/audit/fraud

For reports of theft, fraud or corrupt conduct, contact any of the following:

Head of Department
Portfolio Head (Head of Budget Division)
Associate Director, Audit Assurance:
Peter McGrath
Tel: (03) 8344 0846

(Alternatively, for information about making a protected disclosure about improper (corrupt) conduct directly to IBAC or the Victorian Ombudsman, see Whistleblowers and Protected Disclosures Policy below.)

The University’s Office of Research Ethics and Integrity handles issues of animal welfare, animal and human ethics, research integrity, research misconduct, gene technology, biosafety, biosecurity, and export controls.

Tel: (03) 9035 4170
Office for Research Ethics & Integrity
Level 3, 780 Elizabeth St
The University of Melbourne
VIC 3010

Individuals may make disclosures about improper conduct (such as corruption, dishonest performance of duties, misuse of information or resources) by the University, its employees and officers, or about detrimental action taken in reprisal for a disclosure, directly to IBAC or the Victorian Ombudsman, without fear of reprisal.


Individuals may contact the Protected Disclosure Coordinator for advice on making a protected disclosure. The Protected Disclosure Coordinator is the Senior Vice-Principal, Policy and Projects – Ms Julie Wells. Individuals may also contact the Executive Director, Human Resources and OH&S, Dr. Sally Eastoe

The Appropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy provides rules regarding the giving and receiving of gifts, and conflicts of interest. To report a possible breach of these rules, contact your local Human Resources representative:


Frequently Asked Questions

This service is primarily for employees to report “inappropriate behaviour” as defined above by “employees” of the University.
Yes, you can raise a concern about inappropriate behaviour that you have witnessed, even if it happened to someone else
The University’s Appropriate Workplace Behaviour Policy prohibits victimisation, the treating of people in a detrimental manner – or threatening to – because they have made a report. You can nominate not to have your report released to the person(s) about whom you are making the report: the University will handle your report in strict confidence and privacy, respecting this provision.
If you believe a crime has been committed or is underway, you may wish to call the police on 000, or University Security at your campus.
The University may choose to obtain aggregated, de-identified data about reports made via this service.